Welcome to Stephen Hayes Online.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client's needs in respect of provision of our stated services. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
You must not:
- Republish material from stephenhayesonline.com,
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from stephenhayesonline.com,
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from stephenhayesonline.com, and
- Redistribute content from stephenhayesonline.com.
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
2. Hyperlinking to our Content
Any governmental organisation, search engine, company or individual may link to our home page, or any file on the stephenhayesonline.com server with a .aspx extension, so long as it is a public access file and not restricted to members only. These pages include any and all arguments and are listed as follows:
- Home page (index.aspx),
- Log In page (login.aspx),
- Member Registration page (registration.aspx),
- Library (library.aspx),
- News Feed (news.aspx),
- News RSS Feed (feed/index.aspx),
- Download page (download.aspx),
- How to Open Your Files (formats.aspx),
- About the Author (about.aspx),
- Sitemap file (sitemap.gz).
In addition, links to any of these pages are permitted so long as the link:
- Is not in any way deceptive,
- Does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services, and
- Fits within the context of the linking party's site.
Parties may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of the author's name or the website name,
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to, or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
4. Content Liability
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend stephenhayesonline.com against all claims that are made against us on your website as a result of hyperlinking to our content, or describing, in your own words, content from our website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
5. Reservation of Rights
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any time. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to do so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
- 6.1. All pages in the library or which include the library.aspx file in the address bar may be hyperlinked so long as they meet the conditions specified in section 2.
- 6.2. No book description, blurb or excerpt may be reproduced or republished on any other website or print publication without prior written permission by the author.
- 6.3. No audio file may be hyperlinked to under any circumstances.
- 6.4. No Ebook (EPUB, MOBI, CHM) or Audio Book (ZIP, M4B) may be hyperlinked to under any circumstances.
- 6.5. Book details such as edition names, prices or page counts may be copied and stated on other websites or blogs, however in doing so, you declare that you are wholly responsible for the accuracy of the content. Stephenhayesonline.com shall bear no responsibility for any misinformation disseminated in this way.
- 6.6. The library includes links to view/purchase works on other websites such as Google, Amazon and Goodreads. We declare that we will make every effort to ensure that these links are accurate and will point directly to the expected locations, however we shall not be held responsible if some of the links become obsolete.
7. Stephenhayesonline Store
- 7.1. By purchasing any product from stephenhayesonline.com, you declare that the product is for your personal use only. You shall not copy or republish any product you purchase from this site. You shall not alter or misrepresent any product you purchase from this website. You shall not profit or attempt to profit from any product purchased from this website.
- 7.2. You understand that any Ebook or Audio Book file you download from stephenhayesonline.com will be a free file and may not have a simple solution to open. In this case, you understand that you are expected to follow the instructions on the page titled “How to Open Your Files”, and you understand that your purchase will not be refunded.
- 7.3. If you are a member, you may download your product at any time by logging into your account. If you are not a member, you will require your download code. If you lose this, you will need to send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting it to be re-sent, and the Email will need to be sent from the same Email address you used to purchase the product. If a different Email address is used, you will not receive your download code.
- 7.4. In the unlikely event that a system error occurs during your purchase, and you do not receive your product, you must advise us of this by Email. If we are able to locate your transaction in PayPal and do not find it in our own database, we shall manually create it and generate a download code for you. If we are unable to locate your transaction in PayPal, however, we reserve the right not to provide any compensation for your loss.
- 7.5. Regarding the use of SHO points:
- 7.5.1. You understand that you will be gifted 500 bonus points when you create an account on Stephen Hayes Online. If you are detected to have created multiple accounts to gain access to more SHO points, all your accounts will be disabled.
- 7.5.2. You understand that once credited to your account, SHO points can only be exchanged for products on Stephen Hayes Online. SHO points cannot be transfered to other members or redeemed for cash.
- 7.5.3. SHO points can be used to cover a partial purchase in the event that you do not have enough points to cover the discounted cost. In this case, the discount will only be applied to the portion of the purchase covered by the SHO points; you will then be required to pay for the remainder of the purchase in cash. Your SHO points will not be deducted until the purchase has been completed.
8. News Feed
- 8.1. All news items which appear in the public news page or in the RSS feed may be disseminated freely.
- 8.2. Any news items viewed from inside the member's area must not be linked to, copied, reproduced or otherwise described in any articles, blog posts, publications or on websites or social media without prior written approval by the author.
- 8.3. Stephenhayesonline.com declares that while news items can be expected to be accurate at their time of publication, they shall not be altered at later dates for archival purposes. We do not declare that news items more than three months old will remain accurate, and users should exercise caution when reading these news items.
9. Mailing List
- 9.1. By subscribing to our mailing list, or by accessing our mailing list archive, you agree that you shall not copy, reproduce, or in any way alter or misrepresent any and all Email content.
- 9.2. You agree that if you forward an Email sent to you from our mailing list to another party, you shall not, in any way, alter any of the content of the message, including any headers, footers or meta tags associated with the message. You also agree that you shall be held responsible for any usage of the content by any third parties who gain access to the content as a result of your actions.
10. Members Area
- 10.1. By creating an account on our website, you declare that you agree that all content in the members area is intended to be accessed by members only, and you shall not copy, republish or redistribute any of this content, unless otherwise specified in this document.
- 10.2. You agree that you shall not hyperlink to any content which is exclusive to members.
- 10.3. You understand that you may share any links which are published on the Links page of the member's area, however you may not alter the heading or description of the link.
- 10.4. With regards to the Magic Crystals Trivia section:
- 10.4.1. You understand that you are free to copy or redistribute any of this content without prior permission from the author.
- 10.4.2. You understand that you are not permitted to alter or misrepresent any of this content in any way.
- 10.4.3. You understand that you are not permitted to sub-licence or profit from this content in any way.
- 10.5. You agree not to spam or troll the site contact form, and understand that we reserve the right to permanently disable your account should you be detected to have done so.
- 11.1. By creating a character through the tools of our website, you understand and agree that so long as your character is not chosen to appear in any of Stephen Hayes's works, you will own all intellectual property rights to your character. Stephenhayesonline.com agrees to provide you with the necessary tools to change any aspects of your character, or to permanently delete your character, at any time so long as the website is operational.
- 11.2. If your character is chosen to appear in any of Stephen Hayes's works, and you provide your consent for your character to be used in this way, you agree to the following:
- 11.2.1. Relinquish the right to change or delete your character from our website,
- 11.2.2. Grant Stephen Hayes irrevocable rights to use the character in any of his works going forward,
- 11.2.3. Understand that the author shall use his own discretion to fill in any gaps in the character's background or personality,
- 11.2.4. Understand that the author shall endeavour not to change any aspects of the character, and that any small changes made to the character shall be inadvertent,
- 11.2.5. Understand that consent to use your character shall only be obtained a single time, and not for each time the character is used,
- 11.2.6. Understand that Stephen Hayes shall endeavour to provide you with copies or links to access the works in which your character appears, as according to the restrictions set out on the Characters home page, and
- 11.2.7. Provide an address on your profile if you wish to have physical books sent to you.
12. Inner Circle
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury,
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation,
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
- Are subject to the preceding paragraph, and
- Govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.